Formatt Hitech Limited HT100NDSE1.2 100x125MM (4-Inch x 5-Inch) ND Graduated Soft Edge Filter 1.2
- Hitech filters are made from the highest quality 1.5mm optical resin.
- The filter is also available in 85mm, 150mm and 165mm sizes.
- A 100mm (4-Inch) x 150mm (6-Inch) version is also available for added flexibility.
Neutral density (or ND) filters produce a grey neutral tone and are used in photography to reduce light, enabling more control over exposure and depth of field without affecting color contrast. NDs are also available in graduated filters, both in hard and soft edge. These filters are clear in the bottom half of the filter with a gradual transition to the ND effect in the top half. They are primarily used for light reduction in skylines of landscape shots. Graduated NDs are available in Soft Edge or Hard Edge varieties. Soft edge grads have a smooth transition from clear to ND. Hard edge grads have a more defined hard lined transition and are usually used for longer focal lengths. ND Grads are made in different densities according to the level of light reduction from 1/3 to as much as 4 Stops of light. This 100mm Soft Edge filter is usable with Hitech 100mm holder systems or any 100mm (4-Inch) holder. The 1.2 filter reduces light by 4 Stops. The filter is 100mm Wide but 125mm (5-Inch) long so that it can be moved up and down in the holder to line up the graduation line easily with the horizon.
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches; 0.0045 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.0045 pounds
- ASIN: B009A3IB6S
- Item model number: HT100NDSE1.2
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews