B+W 58mm XS-Pro Kaesemann Circular Polarizer with Multi-Resistant Nano Coating
- This filter uses our XS-Pro Digital mount which is especially suited for DSLRs with wide angle and zoom lenses. It has a front thread for additional accessories. All XS-Pro Digital mounts are made of brass and are matte black to prevent reflections.
- MRC nano has an improved outer (8th) layer over regular MRC. The nanotechnology based characteristic (lotus effect) produces a better beading effect with water making the cleaning of this filter even simpler and faster than ever before.
- Manufactured from Water-White Schott Glass
Circular polarizing filters are made for all cameras with beam splitters in the light paths of their TTL exposure meter and with autofocus lenses. Circular polarization has the same pictorial effect as linear polarization, but allows for proper exposure metering and/or autofocus distance settings. The "high-end" polarizing foils of the Käsemann-type filters are neutral in color, they have a higher efficiency than conventional polarizing foils and they are cemented between high-grade plane-parallel optical glass. The resulting sandwich is then precision-polished again to achieve highly accurate plane-parallel surfaces. Subsequently they are edge-sealed to protect the foil against humidity. Discriminating photographers regard the B+W Käsemann-Type Polarizing Filter to be the very best of all polarizing filters. They are well suited for applications that require the highest possible imaging quality, especially with high-speed telephoto lenses and apochromatic lenses.
- Product Dimensions: 2.4 x 2.4 x 0.29 inches; 0.06 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.06 pounds
- ASIN: B004863BV2
- Item model number: 66-1066395
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews