AmScope SM-4B Professional Binocular Stereo Zoom Microscope, WH10x Eyepieces, 7X-45X Magnification, 0.7X-4.5X Zoom Objective, Double-Arm Boom Stand
- Professional stereo microscope with boom stand has long working distance to enable users to perform work or manipulate large items, including circuit boards and dental appliances
- Binocular viewing head with pair of 10x super-widefield eyepieces, adjustable interpupillary distance, fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to enable sharing
- 0.7x-4.5x zoom objective provides continuous zoom magnification and longer focal length for inspecting large-scale specimens
- Ambient lighting illuminates the specimen, eliminating the need for power or batteries
- Double-arm boom stand has 20" arms and 17" pillar to enable users to position the microscope head on three axes (X, Y, and Z)
The AmScope SM-4B professional stereo zoom microscope has a pair of 10x super-widefield high-eyepoint eyepieces, a 0.7x-4.5x zoom objective, and a double-arm boom stand. The microscope has an overall magnification range of 7x-45x. The binocular viewing head has an interpupillary range of 55 to 75mm, a 45-degree inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation to enable sharing. The WH10x20mm super-widefield high-eyepoint eyepieces combine with the 0.7x-4.5x zoom objective to provide continuous zoom magnification and a longer working distance for inspecting large-scale specimens that require handling or repair. High-eyepoint eyepieces ease viewing for users who wear glasses, and dioptric adjustment accommodates individual eye-strength differences. A stereo microscope, sometimes called an inspection or dissection microscope, has low magnification and a long working distance that enables users to manipulate the object being inspected.
Ambient lighting illuminates the specimen, eliminating the need for power or batteries. The microscope has a double-arm boom stand that enables users to position the microscope head on all three axes (X, Y, and Z). Bilateral focus eases use for left- and right-handed users. The stand has 20" double arms, and a 30" overall length. The pillar is 17" and the focus rack has a 3" diameter. The solid cast-steel base is 2 x 8-1/4 x 10-1/4 inches (H x W x D, where H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back).
|Zoom objective power||0.7x-4.5x|
|Eyepieces (DIN, 30mm)||WH10x20mm high-eyepoint|
|Field of view||1-1/4"|
|Optical working distance||Up to 4"|
|Microscope stand||Double-arm boom stand|
|Head movement||X-, Y-, and Z-axes|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- AmScope SM-4B stereo zoom microscope with double-arm boom stand
- WH10x20mm eyepieces, 30mm, one pair
- 0.7x-4.5x zoom objective
- Focus rack
- Eye guards, one pair
- Product Dimensions: 57.6 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 57.6 pounds
- ASIN: B006QXBP6I
- Item model number: SM-4B
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews