AmScope M135C-2L-PB10 Compound Monocular Microscope, WF10x and WF25x widefield eyepieces, 40x-1000x Magnification, Brightfield, Upper and Lower LED Illumination, Plain Stage, Cordless Operation with Rechargeable
- Compound microscope provides high magnification for biological use and educational applications
- Monocular viewing head with 10x widefield and 25x widefield eyepieces, fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to provide a more comprehensive view and enable sharing
- Reverse-mounted nosepiece with 4x, 10x, and 40x DIN achromatic objectives that provide color correction of magnified images
- Cordless and rechargeable Brightfield, upper and lower LED illumination, and 0.65 NA single-lens condenser with disc diaphragm
- Comes with plain stage, five prepared slides, and five blank slides
The AmScope M135C-2L-PB10 monocular compound microscope has 10x widefield and 25x widefield eyepieces, a reverse-mounted nosepiece with three DIN achromatic objectives, Brightfield upper and lower LED illumination, a 0.65 NA single-lens condenser, and a plain stage. The reverse-mounted revolving nosepiece has 4x, 10x, and 40x DIN achromatic objectives that provide color correction of magnified images. The monocular viewing head holds the WF10x or WF25x eyepiece on a fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain and has 360-degree rotation capability to provide a more comprehensive view and enable sharing. A compound microscope is used for inspection and dissection of specimens when two-dimensional images are desired.
The microscope has upper (episcopic) LED illumination that reflects light off the specimen for enhanced visibility of opaque specimens, and lower (diascopic) LED illumination that transmits light up through the specimen for enhanced visibility of translucent and transparent objects. Brightfield (BF) illumination allows the specimen to absorb light, resulting in a dark image on a light background. LED illumination provides bright, cool light for working with temperature-sensitive or live specimens. The 0.65 NA single-lens condenser and disc diaphragm control the amount of light illuminating the specimen. The plain stage has an opening for light transmission and stage clips to secure the slide or specimen in place while viewing. A stage stop prevents the stage or specimen from coming into contact with the objectives. The microscope has two AA rechargeable batteries and a power adapter to allow use away from power sources. The solid-metal frame has a stain-resistant enamel finish for durability. The microscope comes with five blank slides and five prepared slides.
|Objectives||4X, 10x, 40x achromatic|
|Lighting configuration||Transmitted (lower)|
|Light source||Tungsten (incandescent), 6W|
|Power||110V/60Hz or AA battery|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- AmScope M135C-2L microscope with plain stage
- WF10x eyepiece
- WF20x eyepiece
- 4x DIN achromatic objective
- 10x DIN achromatic objective
- 40x DIN achromatic objective
- (5) Prepared slides
- (5) Blank slides
- (2) Stage clips
- (2) AA batteries
- Dust cover
- Product Dimensions: 3.25 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 3.25 pounds
- ASIN: B00FKHN93I
- Item model number: M135C-2L-PB10
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews