What not to do during a debate: A guide to the GOP field and its foibles – Los Angeles Times
Welcome to Trail Guide, your daily tour through the peaks and valleys of the 2016 presidential campaign. It’s Tuesday, Aug. 4, and this is what we’re watching:
- We all have our weaknesses. This week candidates are being coached to overcome theirs in Thursday’s primetime debate. Lisa Mascaro has this look at the GOP field and its foibles.
- Mark Barabak talked to Donald Trump fans and foes in Nevada and found people had much to say about the GOP front-runner
- A blitz of new polling shows Trump likely will take center stage at the Fox News debate on Thursday. Things don’t look good for Rick Perry
- Republicans crammed a lot of talking into a candidate forum in New Hampshire Monday night, but managed never to say two words: Donald Trump
- Jeb Bush is courting religious conservatives at the Southern Baptist convention in Nashville
- Hillary Rodham Clinton is campaigning outside the early states with a stop in Denver