Tiger Woods was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence early Monday near his home in Jupiter, Florida, according to an online Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office report.

In a statement released Monday evening, Woods said alcohol was not a factor in his arrest, which he said stemmed from an “unexpected reaction” to prescription medication.

“I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions,” Woods said in the statement. “I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn’t realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.

“I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again.

“I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office for their professionalism.”

The winner of 14 major championships who is recovering from April back surgery was released on his own recognizance at 10:50 a.m. ET after spending several hours in jail. He was booked at 7:18 a.m.

Woods was taken into custody at 3 a.m., police spokeswoman Kristin Rightler told The Associated Press.

The arrest report charges Woods with DUI-unlawful blood alcohol/DUI alcohol or drugs. Rightler said she did not have additional details about the circumstances leading to Woods’ arrest, nor did she have any information about whether the arrest involved drugs or alcohol.

She said an arrest report could be available Tuesday.

Last week, Woods, 41, made his first public comments via his website since undergoing back surgery on April 19, a fusion in his lower back that will cause him to miss the rest of the 2017 season and means he is unlikely to partake in strenuous physical activity for months.

“It was instant nerve relief,” Woods wrote. “I haven’t felt this good in years.”

He also made clear he intends to return to professional golf.

“The long-term prognosis is positive,” Woods said. “My surgeon and physiotherapist say the operation was successful. It’s just a matter of not screwing up and letting it fuse. I’m walking and doing my exercises, and taking my kids to and from school. All I can do is take it day by day. There’s no hurry.

“But, I want to say unequivocally, I want to play professional golf again.

“Presently, I’m not looking ahead. I can’t twist for another two and a half to three months. Right now, my sole focus is rehab and doing what the doctors tell me. I am concentrating on short-term goals.”

It was his fourth back surgery, dating to 2014. Woods attempted a comeback after more than a year away late in 2016 but played in just three tournaments, missing the cut in January at the Farmers Insurance Open and then withdrawing after one round of a tournament in Dubai in February.

Since undergoing his first back surgery on March 31, 2014, Woods has played just 19 worldwide events, with a single top-10 finish, seven missed cuts and three withdrawals.

His last tournament win came at the 2013 WGC Bridgestone Invitational, for his 79th career PGA Tour victory.

He won the most recent of his 14 major titles at the 2008 U.S. Open.

After that victory, Woods missed more than eight months because of ACL surgery on his left knee. And then several extramarital affairs came to light, leading to a divorce from his wife, Elin, and a four-month absence from the game.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.