Quick succession of terrorist attacks has officials worried – CNN

(CNN)The scenes were horrific: Vacationers snapped from their naps by the sound of gunfire. The screams of the injured. Blood on the beach.

The attack Friday at a Tunisian beach resort killed at least 18 Britons, but officials said Monday the actual number was likely to be 30. That would make it by far the deadliest terrorist attack on Britons since the London transport bombings 10 years ago.

Yet it was just one of three terrorist attacks on three continents that followed one another in frightening succession last week. While it is not yet known whether the attacks were linked, they have left officials in numerous countries concerned about how to keep their citizens safe.

A series of terrifying attacks

On Friday morning, European time, the head of the decapitated manager of a transportation company was found hanging from a fence near Lyon, in southern France, along with two banners said to bear Islamic writing. The attack, at a U.S.-owned factory, began when a delivery van, allegedly driven by Yassin Salhi, entered the facility, according to Paris Prosecutor Francois Molins, whose office handles anti-terrorism cases throughout France.

• Not long after that, a bomb ripped through Al-Sadiq mosque in Kuwait’s capital during Friday prayers — a time when mosques are packed with worshippers. At least 27 people were killed. ISIS has posted a video of a man it claims is the suicide bomber, identifying him as Abu Suleiman al-Muwahid — presumably a nom de guerre.

Comments

Write a Reply or Comment:

Your email address will not be published.*