Munich Gunman Was German-Iranian Teenager With ‘No Islamic Militant Ties’ – Huffington Post
Seven of his victims were themselves teenagers. Three of his victims were 14 years old, two were 15, one was 17 and one 19. The others were 20 and 45, the police chief said.
At least 16 people, including several children, were in hospital and three were in critical condition, Andrae said.
Kosovan media reported that three of the victims were of Kosovan origin. Naim Zabergja, the father of one of the victims wrote on Facebook: “With great sadness I want to inform you that my son Dijamant Zabergja, 21, was killed yesterday in Munich.”
A second victim was named by her brother on Facebook as Armela Segashi, who he said died along with a third, Sabina Sulaj.
Friday’s incident snarled traffic as authorities blocked highways, closed the main railway station, and shut down public transport.
Thousands of people had been crowding the streets and squares in Munich’s city center on Friday for a beer festival.
“There were a few people who came running towards us who were screaming and in panic. But mostly it was surprisingly calm,” said Elena Hakes, who had been with a friend in the Odeonsplatz square.
The incidents in Germany follow an attack in Nice, France, in which a Tunisian drove a truck into crowds celebrating Bastille Day, killing 84. Islamic State claimed responsibility.