Gunman in fatal shooting on Las Vegas Strip surrenders, police say – Los Angeles Times

A man on a bus headed down the Las Vegas Strip pulled out a handgun and began firing Saturday morning, killing one person and wounding another before he surrendered hours later to police, officials said.

The unidentified suspect was described by Las Vegas Metropolitan Police as a local resident in his 50s. Assistant Sheriff Tom Roberts said the man behaved as if he had “some mental issues” as SWAT team negotiators tried to coax him out of the bus after most of the passengers had streamed off it.

“We found that very evident when we talked to him,” said Roberts, who said terrorism had been ruled out as a motive.

The initial shooting, which occurred around 11 a.m., forced the closure of parts of the Strip to vehicle traffic for about seven hours; it was reopened just before 6 p.m.

Comments

Write a Reply or Comment:

Your email address will not be published.*