Australia has done it again. The land down under brought us Margot Robbie, the boomerang, Ugg Boots, and now a new unexpectedly awesome export: The Xbox Onesie.
Today, Microsoft Australia’s marketing team revealed a gaming garment that is equal parts ridiculous and genius. It has deep pockets for remotes (probably could also hold a bong or a bag of Doritos in a pinch), forearm grips so you don’t slip and lose a level, and a hood large enough to fit a headset.
These are details on the Xbox Onesie from Microsoft’s actual press release:
– Enlarged pockets to fit your Xbox Controller and Media Remotes
– Arm pouch to offer quick and easy access to your mobile phone
– Roll-able legs and arms to cater for all temperatures and seasons
– Forearm grips to prevent slipping on those ‘edge of your seat’ moments
– Extra-large hood to accommodate headsets for the ultimate gaming sessions
– Customised Gamertag embroidery
Unsurprisingly, the Xbox Onesie is already going viral, and that was the point. Microsoft is promoting its newest console, the Xbox One S. Today’s announcement is generating a lot of buzz — for the onesie and the console.
But gamers, don’t throw out all of your other loungewear just yet. Microsoft hasn’t revealed an official release date for the onesie, if there is one. Still, plenty have taken to the internet promising to purchase one as soon as they can.
Here are some Twitter users going mental over what Microsoft describes as “the perfect loungewear attire for true entertainment fan.”